Passport Status: Do you want to check Passport Status? Then you have reached the right place. Here, we will provide you all the necessary steps to check Passport Status.
Passport is the most important document required to travel abroad. When you have completed the Process of Passport Application online and verified all of your Documents at any of the Passport Office which is known as Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office (RPO), you will be able to check Passport Status.
In this guide, we will provide you all the Essential steps by which you will be able to Check Passport Status with the help of File number.
How to Check Passport Status?
Source: Aadhar Card Download
By any of the following ways you will be able to track Passport Status. They are as follows:
- Check Passport Status Online
- Passport Status by SMS
- Check Passport Status using App
- Check Passport Status via National Call Center
- Check Passport Status by Help desk
In the current fast-moving world of Technology, we are able to perform various activities from your Smartphone just a few clicks away. Similarly, you can check your Passport Status anytime in just a few clicks, provided you should have a stable internet connection.
By knowing the Passport Status, you will be able to know where your Application Process is being reached.
Check your Passport Status Online
In order to check your Passport Status Online, you should have File number with you.
Now, follow the simple steps given below to check Passport Status:
- First of all, visit the Official website of Passport Authority of India. In order to check, click on this link.
When you open this link, you will view the page as shown in the image below:
- Now, you have to select suitable Application Type from the list of options.
- Then you have to enter the 15-Digit Acknowledgement Number available at the top right corner of you Acknowledgement letter.
- Lastly, you have to Enter your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY Format and then click on “Track Status”.
Important Note: Whenever you want to check Passport Status using File Number Online, always check from its Official website.
Passport Application Status
As soon as you click on “Track Status”, you will be able to view Status based on Current Situation.On the basis of the current situation, you will be shown any of the following output as described below. Also, keep in mind that the Online Passport Status is not always same as the current Passport Status.
Application Submitted: Which means all of your Application has been submitted successfully along with all the required documents and fees.
Application under review: This Status simply means that your Passport Application is still under the review process of Passport Sava Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) wherever you have submitted the application.
Police verification pending: This means Police Verification is pending. For this, you need to visit the nearest police station with Passport documents.
Police report submitted: Police report is being submitted by the police station and is sent to the Police Commissioner for review.
Police report under review: Police verification report is being under review by the Regional Passport Office. Hence, when Police verification is being done, your passport will be dispatched. Also, you will receive an SMS/E-mail as soon as passport is dispatched.
Police report not clear: This means that police verification report is unclear and application is still under review at the regional police station.
Passport Granted: This means Passport application is granted. All of your details are proper. Hence, Passport printing process will start.
Passport Print: This means that your passport has been printed.
Passport Dispatched: This means a passport is printed and it will be delivered to your registered address very soon.
Passport returned undelivered: Due to some reason, the passport has to not delivered to your address. In this case, you need to contact Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office.
Passport Status by SMS
You will receive all the Passport Status Application updates on your device using the SMS Service. This service was started since 16th Nov 2013.
- Using this service, you will be able to get updates starting from enrollment till the end printing process. You will receive all the necessary updates and also pending updates instantly into your device.
- In this SMS service, you will receive 9 regular Passport status updates. However, you can also send SMS anytime in order to know Passport Status.
- Please keep in mind that, SMS service is not free, you have to pay Rs 40 at Passport Seva Kendra in case if you haven’t activated the service online.
In order to activate the service, follow the steps given below:
- In case, you have submitted the form online or Uploaded an E-Form then you can enroll for SMS service by visiting the link “Enroll for SMS Services” available under “Services” section.
- In order to use have to first login with your credentials.
- Later on, after enrollment, you will receive updates on following details
- Direct SMS regarding the submission of documents, respond to various notifications and also a collection of Passport/PCC. In the case of any errors, you will receive a penalty and show cause SMS.
- Direct updates related to police verification and passport printing/dispatch will be provided.
In order to track Passport Status using SMS, you need to send the following SMS:
STATUS<space>FILENUMBER and then send it to 9704100100.
Check Passport Status using App
You can check Passport Status using mPassport Sewa App. This app is available for all Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows. The app provides all the Passport related information and help. Some of the Essential features of the app are as follows:
- In the app, you will get all the details required to obtain a Passport. Also, it provides various contact details where you can ask queries. All the users can search for the Passport Seva Kendra or District Passport Cell (DPC).
- All the Indian Citizens living abroad can know about various ports and Missions abroad.
- The app also consists of Fee Calculator, in which you can calculate the fee required for the service.
- Also, you can easily check the Passport Status.
Check Passport Status via National Call Center
In order to track your Passport Status, you can also contact to National Call Center’s Toll-Free Number. Here, you will have two options.
- Enter your File number in the IVRS system.
- You have to provide your File Number and Date of Birth to the Customer care Executive.
Toll-Free Number: 1800-258-1800
Check Passport Status by Help desk
Last but not the least, you can also check Passport Status by calling at the Helpdesk available at the Passport Seva Kendras. You can also know your Passport Status by sending an E-mail at the Passport Status. Thus, you can either send an Email to your Passport Office or just call at the Passport Office.
Apart from this, would it be possible to check Passport Status by name? Check it out below:
Check Passport Status by Name
In case of Emergency, you might be thinking that you can check Passport Status by name. However, there is no service available by which you can check Passport Status by name. The service is not available, because there will be lots of passport with the same name.
If you came across any website, then shows you Passport status by name, then please ignore it.
Documents required for Passport
If you have applied for the Passport Application, then you need to carry certain documents at Passport Seva Kendra.
Here you have to provide Proof of Address, Proof Identity, and Date of Birth at PSK for verification.
Passport Online Website
Indian Government has made Passport website dedicated for all the Passport
You will be able to view section of FAQs, which consists of all of your queries.
Also, you will be able to access various services available on the portal.
If you are having any question or you are stuck somewhere while filling the Passport Application, then you can call the Customer support team at the below number:
National Call-Center Timings:
- Executive Support from 8 AM to 10 PM
- Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS) System: Available 24 hrs.
Thus, we have provided you all the Essential Information about the Passport Status.
We hope that you are able to check your Passport Status.
If you are facing any problem, then you can contact on the number displayed above.