Apply for Passport Online: Are you planning to travel abroad for your business, studies, Job, etc. then you should have Passport. So, here we will provide you complete step-by-step process to apply for Passport Online.
In the current world of Internet, all the processes can be done easily from any place. Earlier, you have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra in order to apply for Passport. But now, you can apply for Passport Online. Later on, you have to visit the PSK in order to verify all of your documents. In order to apply for a fresh passport in the normal/Tatkal procedure, kindly follow the simple procedure given below. Check your Passport Status.
How to Apply for Passport Online?
Follow the step-by-step procedure given below to apply for passport online:
- In order to apply for Passport Online, you need to visit the Official web portal of Passport.
- Now, if you have already registered on the portal, then click on “login” or else you have to click on “Register Now”.
- When you click on “Register Now”, you will be directed to a page, where you will be able to view the form.
- Now, you will have to fill all the details that are marked with an asterisk and lastly click on “Register”.
- Now, you will receive an activation link on your registered address. Click on the link to confirm your details.
- Then you have to again open the website and log in with your UserID and Password.
- Now, click on Apply if you are applying for Passport first time.
- After that, click on “Fill the application form online”.
- Now you have to choose whether you are applying for the fresh or re-issue of passport. Also, you have to select regular application passport or Tatkal passport and then select how many pages (36pages or 60pages) booklet you need for the passport.
- Here, you have to select the appropriate validity. There are three options, validity up to 10 years or validity up to 18 years or Not Applicable. If you are above 18 years of age then you have to select Not Applicable. If the Applicant’s age is “Between” 15 to 18 then select validity 10 years or up to 18 years of age. Then click on Next, available at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to fill the details in different sections of the form. These sections include Passport Type (current page), Applicant Details, Family Details, Present Address, Present Address 1, Present Address 2, Emergency Contact, References, Previous Passport, Other Details, and Self-Declaration.
- Please verify that all the details entered are correct and then click on next.
- Select the Passport Seva Kendra where you want to present yourself, Enter the date and then click on “Submit Form”.
- Next, please click on pay and schedule appointment.
There are two payment methods available:
- Online Payment: Online Payment can be done using Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking.
- Challan Payment: This simply means paying cash at the SBI Bank or making payment at the PSK at the time of walk-in.
- Then, you have to select the Passport Seva Kendra where you want to represent all the documents.
- Lastly, click on Pay and Book Appointment.
- Now, you can pay the passport application fee online.
- Then take the printout of the application form and carry receipt at the time of appointment at PSK.
Hence, all the steps regarding the Passport Application online are being completed and also you have fixed the appointment at the PSK. Now, simply you have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra
at the time of appointment for the verification of the documents.
We hope that you are now able to apply for Passport Online. If you liked this article, then please share it with your friends and family members.